When you have a happy plum tree that just keeps bringing you more fruit, you have to start getting inventive!
450g of plums (fresh from the garden if possible)
120g caster sugar
1 litre of good quality vodka
- Half the plums, and then place them in a heavy bottomed pan, along with the sugar and a splash of cold water
- Heat the mixture until the sugar is dissolved and the plums are nicely softened
- Allow to cool entirely, and then add the vodka and mix through
- Pour the mixture into a litre kilner jar, and seal fully
- Store in a cool, dark place for 2 months
- Once ready, strain off the liquid and return to the bottle
- Arrange a cocktail party, and enjoy!