Nick loves to have cracked black pepper in, on, under pretty much any food you can think of. He also loves crispy bacon, so this one is for him
For the Cracked Black Pepper Linguine
Follow the instructions for making Basic Fresh Pasta, but before you start to knead the dough, add a handful of cracked black pepper to the dough, then continue with the basic steps
For the Carbonara Sauce
200g streaky bacon
2 cloves of garlic
2 egg yolks
½ pint double cream
75g parmesan cheese
- Cook the fresh pasta in a large pan of boiling water for around 4 minutes or until cooked
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan, and cook off the bacon in small 1cm squares until crispy enough to please Mr Brown. Then add the thinly sliced garlic and cook off until golden
- Whisk eggs, cream and cheese in a large bowl, season well with salt and pepper
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the bowl with the egg and cream mix. Stir well, adding the bacon and garlic.
- Serve straight away with a little extra cheese grated on top if desired
It’s not healthy, but it takes less than ten minutes from start to finish, and it is delicious!